All Memberships at Stageskool Theatre Arts are subject to the following agreement:
On signing this agreement, you are applying to enrol your child onto a Stageskool Theatre Arts School programme. Acceptance is in Stageskool’s absolute discretion although our discretion is exercised reasonably and in accordance with law. If you are accepted by Stageskool you will become a student of a Stageskool School. This agreement sets out the terms that will govern the relationship between Stageskool and yourself. It is a legally binding agreement. These rules are important to maintain standards and to ensure that all members of Stageskool gain the maximum benefit of being part of Stageskool.
- Enrolment in Stageskool entitles you to apply to send one child to one of Stageskools’s schools at the level set out previously. The child you have nominated is specified on this form.
- An annual registration fee will be payable on each anniversary of joining Stageskool. (Condition 2 is withdrawn with effect from 1/9/2022)
- All fees (not including the annual registration fee) are divided equally to cover tuition, costumes, extra rehearsals and supervision for Stageskool shows.(Reference to ‘Annual Registration’ no longer applies with effect from 1/9/2022)
- Timetables and teachers are subject to change from time to time without notice.
- To avoid disturbing classes, you and your child are requested to arrive in good time. Entrance to classes may be barred to anyone arriving more than five minutes late.
- A teacher/manager may, at any time, ask your child to leave a class if he/she are jeopardising the safety or enjoyment of others or their educational experience.
- Each school may also have its own additional relevant rules which will be notified to you. You, your nominated child, and any guests are required to observe these in full.
- By signing this agreement, you are committing yourself and your nominated child to attend Stageskool regularly and to have 100% attendance at critical rehearsals leading up to shows, these will be 8 weeks before each show. Failure to attend these critical rehearsals may result in your nominated child not participating fully in the show.
- You may terminate this agreement at any time without liability if the tuition the child is offered falls below, on more than one occasion, the standards reasonably expected to be provided.
- If you do not make the monthly fee payments when due the right to send the nominated child and for he or she to attend any Stageskool school will be withdrawn until payment is received and brought up to date. There will be a late fee charged for each week the fee is outstanding – this fee is £5.00 per week or part of.
- We may terminate your agreement and discontinue your nominated child’s entitlement to attend Stageskool in the event of serious or repeated breach of these rules.
- Payment is due on the first of each month. Payment must be made by standing order as stated previously. If payment of fees are not made in full for any reason we reserve the right to suspend your agreement and to exclude your nominated child from Stageskool.
- This agreement may be terminated if either party is in serious breach of its obligations to the other.
- We reserve the right to use any individual or group photographs or movie shots of your nominated child for press or promotional purposes. If you do not wish this then please tick where appropriate on this form. Declining consent may however impact on your child opportunities.
- Bullying, harassment, abuse or other inappropriate behaviour by you or your nominated child or guests is strictly forbidden and will result in expulsion and such other legal remedies as may be available. To the extent permitted by law, our liability to you, save in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence shall be limited to the total amount you have paid for enrolment.
- You and your nominated child must treat all Stageskool members, children, teachers, managers, assistants, volunteers with respect and consideration. Stageskool does not tolerate rude, offensive, or aggressive remarks or behaviours in any way.
- You must make yourself and your nominated child aware of the health and safety rules of the venue and comply with the recommendations at all times.
- Smoking or the bringing or consumption of alcohol or the use or being under the influence of illegal substances is not permitted anywhere in our schools.
- If you have a complaint or any other concern that cannot be resolved via the Manager of the school, please contact the Principal privately who will do everything to resolve the matter.
- Stageskool reserves the right to make changes to these rules and will communicate any change to you at the address or email specified. Proof of sending such notice shall be sufficient evidence of receipt.
- A four week notice period is required to terminate this agreement and can only be given in writing to Stageskool Theatre Arts, Highfield House, Repton Road, Newton Solney, Derbyshire, DE15 0SG or via email (see the Contact Us page the Stageskool website). The time of receipt (not sending) shall be the time of commencement of the notice period.
This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.